GRADUATE PLACEMENT & TRAINING SCHEMES OBASEKI SOLICITORS:
Obaseki Solicitors offers law graduates schemes that involve 1-to-2-year placements depending on the legal accreditation sought and mode of working
These include: –
1. Graduate Training Programs
1. SQE 1 and 2 – based on the syllabus and exemptions received
2. Training Contracts – based on four six-month rotations (known as ‘seats’), through 4 departments or practice areas
3. Work Shadowing – based on availability and requirements
4. Internships – based on syllabus and requirements and duration
5. International Placements – based on syllabus and requirements and duration
6. Work experience – based on syllabus and requirements and duration
For those seeking a legal placement, but do not qualify through the above graduate schemes, you can contact or Human Resources team to explain your situation.
Over the last 18 years we have also offered: –
• International placements
• Postgraduate placements for periods of work recognised by awarding institutions for the prescribed syllabus
• Periods of training and practical experience to be considered towards merits and for specialized legal qualifications.
• Obaseki Solicitors also works with external organizations to deliver training and work experience where employees require training contract and specialized experience
• Career change / Return placements. These are offered for those switching into and returning to the legal profession
PLACEMENT & TRAINING SCHEMES 2022-2023
We will continue to offer the placements as stated above and review in April 2024. We have increased our focus on legal technology and standards, so for external candidates to the graduate program there will be focus on IT skills.
This year (2022) we have been fortunate to work with the Department for Works and Pensions and provided training to schools and other institutions, specifically advising on the new pathways into the legal profession. We have also been fortunate to have sat in on the Solicitors Regulation Authorities round tables on development of the SQE 1 and 2 plus Equality Diversity and Inclusion sessions. This has enabled us to improve our supervision to be in line with the highest expected standards.
Our Graduate training schemes are open to all applicants, and we have an equal opportunity, Disability menopause policies. Our selection process means our existing staff or those that have done work experience are considered for positions before external candidates. Internal staff can also elect to be placed on a pathway as part of agreed actions following an appraisal or staffing requirement.
Obaseki Solicitors placements offer versatility and specialization experience across a minimum of 2 areas. Graduates will have the opportunity to work with and learn from the firms’ leading lawyers. It is much more than a training scheme, but we specialize in ensuring those on our placements secure recognized accreditations and qualifications, competitive renumeration, access to world class self-development and CPD training and opportunities to network with other leading lawyers and external professionals.
Under the scheme you will not only learn core case, legal practice, and policy, but also case management skills, work directly with clients and projects with excellent guidance and supervision.
Our graduates are able to make a genuine impact in the legal profession, this can be seen from the number of graduates connected to our linked in pages and testimonials. You will be encouraged to expand from formal legal application, as The Law is constantly evolving.
External applications can be emailed directly to [email protected]. Please allow 14 days for a response. You can also apply through legalcareers.net.
We encourage all our graduate applicants to explore, question and collaborate, to stretch your thinking, and build a career that inspires and energizes you.
Everything we do is focused on finding solutions for our clients and supporting access to justice and supporting our lawyers to ensure our clients experience excellent.
Each placement is supervised by a partner or an associate who will appraise your professional and personal development, showing you how to excel.